100 Days of Preaching the Gospel #72 | with Daniel Whyte III
SCRIPTURE: Philippians 2:5-8 reads, "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."
In the first sermon of this three-part series, we talked about the great richness of Jesus Christ. We saw that:
1. Jesus was RICH IN POSSESSIONS.
2. Jesus was RICH IN POSITION.
3. Jesus was RICH IN HIS PERSON.
4. Jesus was RICH IN POWER.
5. Jesus was RICH IN PRAISE.
6. Jesus was RICH IN LOVE.
On yesterday, we talked about the poorness of Jesus Christ. We saw that:
1. Jesus BECAME POOR IN POSSESSIONS.
2. Jesus BECAME POOR IN GLORY.
3. Jesus BECAME POOR IN PRAISE.
4. Jesus BECAME POOR IN PERSON.
5. Jesus BECAME POOR IN HIS SEPARATION FROM GOD.
Jesus' poverty was accompanied by something else -- His great humility. Jesus did not become poor because He had to become poor. He became poor for us because He wanted to. He was humble enough to take on the role of a servant so that we could be saved. And that is what I want to talk about today.
1. First of all, notice that JESUS WAS SO HUMBLE THAT HE WAS WILLING TO SUFFER LOSS
2. Secondly, notice that JESUS CHRIST WAS SO HUMBLE THAT HE WAS WILLING TO DIE A CRIMINAL'S DEATH
3. Thirdly, notice that JESUS' HUMILITY LED TO HIS EXALTATION
+ Plus, listen to Smokie Norful singing "Oh, the Blood" and Deitrick Haddon singing "Sinner's Prayer"
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register