100 Days of Preaching the Gospel #71 | with Daniel Whyte III
SCRIPTURE: 2 Corinthians 8:9: "For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich."
Matthew 8:20: "The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of Man hath not where to lay his head."
Yesterday, we talked about the great richness of Jesus Christ. We saw that:
1. Jesus was RICH IN POSSESSIONS.
2. Jesus was RICH IN POSITION.
3. Jesus was RICH IN HIS PERSON.
4. Jesus was RICH IN POWER.
5. Jesus was RICH IN WORSHIP.
6. Jesus was RICH IN LOVE.
Those great riches certainly seem strange when we read our passage for today which states that Jesus Christ did not have any place to lay His head. A person who "has not where to lay his head" reminds us of poverty in the greatest degree. We have the poor with us always; but how many people do we know who are so poor they have no place to lay their head when the sun goes down?
Today, I want us to study the poverty that the Lord Jesus Christ accepted in order to keep sinners out of hell through the riches of His grace. We will appreciate salvation more when we see the great contrast between the riches He had with the Father and the poverty He accepted to become Saviour of mankind:
1. First of all, notice that Jesus BECAME POOR IN POSSESSIONS.
2. Secondly, notice that Jesus BECAME POOR IN GLORY.
3. Third, notice that Jesus BECAME POOR IN PRAISE.
4. Fourthly, notice that Jesus BECAME POOR IN PERSON.
5. Fifth and finally today, Jesus BECAME POOR IN HIS SEPARATION FROM GOD.
+ Plus, listen to BeBe & CeCe Winans singing "Grace" and Deitrick Haddon singing "Sinner's Prayer"
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register