Popular in Culture
In the world, there is so much anger, hurt, frustration and violence. What is sad is most people are spending their energy "blaming" the other group versus addressing what is REALLY happening. The "chickens are coming home to roost", which is NOW shocking to those who inherited White privilege from centuries of oppression, abuse and death and have been so detached from the "other reality" that most of them genuinely HAVE NO CLUE of the perpetual sustemic inequalities experienced by the "have-nots."
We want to create an environment where ALL people can be REeducated on MultiCultural Valuing, Authentic Human Relations, and effective Cross-Cultural sensitivity. From honest, respectful, and sincere open discussion, we TOGETHER can make this a
The last of my broadcasts on this format. One I feel passionate about becasue it is, in part, about us. .
AllMusic Review by Chris Nickson [-]
The last of the radio ballads that Ewan MacColl, Peggy Seeger, and Charles Parker devised, The Travelling People is also the most accomplished, both in form and content. An examination of the Romany people in Britain, it serves mostly as a condemnation of attitudes toward them and their nomadic lifestyle -- which, as reflected in many of the soundbites, were not complimentary. People simply didn't want them around, calling them "tinkers" and things much worse, as "I Mean, We're Fed Up With Gypsies Living in Our Area" highlights, with the incident of a woman about to give birth being moved on by the police. The attitudes were reflected in other ways too, like the boy who spent several years in the same grade without being taught to read or write, because, the teacher explained, "he's the best message boy I've ever had." But this does more than simply look at the negatives. It examines the life of the gypsies, the way they'd settle in the winter time, or how traveling was part of their nature. MacColl's songs are among the finest he wrote for the radio ballad series, and the accompaniment is richer and fuller than before, and the singers -- people like Belle Stewart, Joe Heaney, and Jane Stewart -- serve the material brilliantly. They become integrated into a whole program -- which is what each of the radio ballads was, of course -- that's intelligently fashioned to bring out a whole picture, one which is sympathetic to the travelers, but also allows for opposing views. The listener comes away educated, and also humbled by the quiet pride of these people. It's nothing less than a remarkable achievement.
I know I know, Its been a minute but the Muslim Vent Podcast is back and here to stay. Just to much going on and it seems to be happening at light speed. To make up for lost time I got in contact with one the esteemed Brother Imaam Abu Tabah to chat about a few things. I have been wanting to interview this Brother for a while and finally was able to get a few hours of his time. Please join us.
Episode 2, All that Glitters is not Gold. Reallly, it's a lesson to me on what I'm supposed to be thankful for, and that sometimes the light in the darkness isn't always a lighthouse (The Deep Sea Angler sometimes comes to mind). Also, What would YOU do if you won the lottery?
Join us tonight as we find out what are some of the potential cons to living abroad. You don't want to miss this episode!
This is something new I wanted to try and I hope I will enjoy this journey. I hope all listeners receive a message from any content on the Gowns & Gossip Radio Show. For 30 minutes you will hear about various topics, some fun and some serious but most of all it will be genuine convo for us to have.
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (57 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (45 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (9 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (7 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (5 chatters)
- The Initiative Radio Network (5 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (4 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (3 chatters)
- DontLetThemBurn (2 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (2 chatters)
- CinnamonMoon At Night (2 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (2 chatters)
- Starz Psychics Network (2 chatters)
- The REAL HOODOO (2 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (2 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (0 chatters)
From the BTR Blog
- BlogTalkRadio, in conjunction with P.I. Media, is proud to present the Curious Minds’ podcast series, ‘Heroes Of Podcasting’
- 3 Podcast Monetization Predictions from Andy Toh, BlogTalkRadio’s Chief Architect & GM
- BlogTalkRadio & Simple Podcast Press Join Forces to Create Publisher-Grade Podcasting Toolkit