Chad Wesley Smith is the owner/founder of Juggernaut Training Systems and one of the most accomplished strength athletes of recent years. With a background in track and field, Smith took his 2 collegiate national championships and continued his success in powerlifting and strongman. Today we discuss Chad’s 7 Scientific Principles of Strength Training
1. Specificity?—?Training designed to achieve a particular outcome
2. Overload?—?Is training stimulating enough to drive neural adaptation? Training must become harder overtime through more volume and more weight.
3. Fatigue management?—?Your recovery process: Besides deload days and proper nutrition and sleep, should include adaptive recovery strategies like ice baths, massages, etc.
4. SRA (Stimulus Recovery Adaptation)?—?Your training process: Frequency and duration of training and recovery.
5. Variation?—?Avoid staleness by shifting phases. Keep in mind variation should always be in context with Specificity (principle #1).
6. Phase potentiation?—?Make the most of each training phase.
7. Individual differences?—?We're similar but not "the same"
-Mike, Doug and Team Barbell Shrugged
Subscribe to Barbell Shrugged's Channel Here- http://bit.ly/BarbellShruggedSubscribe
Listen to the audio version on the Apple Podcast App or Stitcher for Android Here- http://bit.ly/BarbellShruggedApple htt
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register