Software Audit - What you need to know about the Autodesk Audit Letter
In this episode of Vondran Legal Hour, copyright lawyer Steve Vondran discusses a general overview of the Autodesk letter. What happens when you get this letter? Here are some of the common questions we get from clients who received this letter.
1. Is this a scam?
2. How did Autodesk find out about our installations of software?
3. We were using a "student" or "academic" version, I though this was legal?
4. Was this an "informant" case (ex. disgruntled ex-employee)?
5. Are there criminal penalties for copyright infringement?
6. Can we really owe up to $150,000 for willful copyright infringement under the statute?
7. Can officers and directors of the company be held personally liable for software piracy?
8. What are the common defenses to copyright infringement?
9. How much will this case to settle the case?
10. How much does your law firm charge to handle the settlement negotations and negotiate the terms of the settlement agreement
If you received an infringement notice to engage your business in a "voluntary" audit, call us to speak with a software licensing defense law firm. We offfer low flat rate legal fees, and offer a free initial consultation. Cali (877) 276-5084
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register