Our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy have changed. We think you'll like them better this way.

FRCP 65 - how to get a federal court injunction

  • Broadcast in Legal



Follow This Show

If you liked this show, you should follow AttorneySteve.

FRCP Rule 65 Injuctions Overview by Attorney Steve

When you are dealing with another company or inidvidual that is infringing your federal copyrights and trademarks it is important to understand how to seek an injunction in federal court if the perpetrator is ignoring your cease and desist letter or copyright infringement notice.  In this episode of Vondran Legal Hour, I explain in general terms what the process is to obtain the injunction (either mandaotry or prohibitory) and I explain the difference between TRO's (temporary restraining orders) and the preliminary vs. permanent injunction.  The process can be very technical, so if you need help call us at (877) 276-5084 or visit FRCP65.com.  Filling the lawsuit and the application for TRO and preliminary injuction will be closely scrutinized (especially if you try to go "ex parte") so these general tips should be helpful.

We accept federal copyright and trademark infringement cases nationwide, subject to local rules.

- Attorney Steve -