Call in to speak with the host
California Real Estate Broker Compliance Guidelines - How to avoid the dreaded real estate audit.
The California Bureau of Real Estate ("BRE") handles bropker investigations and follows up on real estate complaints from California consumers. Our law firm has handled numerous complaints and here are a few of the lessons learned by Attorney Steve Vondran, the real estate lawyer, over the years in regards to avoiding the dreaded real estate audit and the accusation that can often result. The audit process can take many days, and if trust fund violations are found, you could have to pay not only the costs of the audit, (from a few thousand to several thousand dollars) but also the costs of the investigation. These are two separate costs and are aside from any restittuion payments and any statutory penlaties you may wind up paying. So this real estate compliance podcasts has some great tips and insights and is worth 5 minutes of your time.
Top 5 tips in a nutshell
1. Consult real estate law firm to discuss in advance
2. Prepare a solid defense and response
3. Cooperate, be candid, and answer the question presented
4. Follow up with any requests for information or documents
5. Have a good attitude and be professonal
More resources to assist you
1. Calfiornia BRE Compliance Guide
2. BRE Compliance Law Resources
3. Attorney Steve's Tips to avoiding a audit
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.