FSMA – How can you be prepared? with Beth Johnson, MS, RD
Elizabeth (Beth) Johnson, MS, RD, is the Principal and Founder of Food Directions LLC.
Prior to starting Food Directions, she served as Executive Vice President for Public Affairs for the National Restaurant Association where she oversaw government affairs, public policy and communications for the organization.
In 2008, she was named Acting Under Secretary for Food Safety at USDA where she led and oversaw the Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS).
Beth was also deputy chief of staff and senior advisor for the Secretary of Agriculture at USDA, where she focused on agricultural trade, animal health, food safety and nutrition.
Beth will talk more on FSMA during Food Safety Tech’s Food Safety Consortium to be held in Schaumburg, IL on December 4 and 5, 2013. More details are available at FoodSafetyTech.com.
2. What is FSMA and what the need for these new set of food safety regulations?
3. Why is FSMA regarded as such a game-changing legislation in the food industry?
4. What will FSMA aim to achieve?
5. How is the industry prepared to meet FSMA requirements and what are some gaps?
6. What can companies do to meet these gaps?
7. What are some further developments we can expect re FSMA?
8. How do you view food safety landscape in the next five years post FSMA implementation?
Beth Johnson, MS, RD
Food Directions LLC
50 F. St NW Suite 900
Washington, D.C. 20001
Food Directions LLC Facebook
Food Directions Pinterest
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.