Dementia: What You Need to Make Person Centered Care Real
I'm thrilled to have Debbie Richman with the Minnesota Alzheimer's Association with us. Debbie has a great background and a wonderful attitude on how to live well with dementia. I heard her speak for the first time about two months ago and was so impressed with her insights and ability to communicate simple techniques which bring respect, dignity and a sense of calm when dealing with Dementia.
Here are just some of things we will be discussing:
1. What needs to happen for care to be truly "person centered"?
2. What are the barriers to person centered care?
3. What can family/friends do to facilitate a more person centered environment for their loved ones?
4. How does a person centered focus help to improve communication and lessen challenging behaviors?
5. How do I engage or assist others to engage the person with dementia?
We would love to hear your thoughts and questions so please feel free to join the conversation by using the chat box or calling in to the show live.
Debbie can be reached
Remember all shows are archived for your convenience!
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.